Thursday, February 12, 2009

Intermission

Another batch of missed posting days. Oops! Oh, well.
Perkins and I have decided to start a 4 hour per day study regimen. I haven't been so successful with that, but it makes me feel good to know what I'm trying more. Back in December and early January I was having trouble just motivating myself to get out of bed. I'm not completely sure why I'm doing so well now, but I'm not going to question it too much. I'm just glad I'm feeling better.
Today was awesome because the weather was so nice that I bought a bento and ate it outside on the terraced grass of the International Student Center (it took me a long time to remember the English for that. Is this bad?). I just sat in my T-shirt in the sun chowing down on a croquet and rice. It was nice and warm. I also noticed how light my arms are from not getting any sun over the winter. I hadn't realized until I was staring at the sun reflecting off of them. O__o
Thursdays and Mondays are my least favorite days of the week. I don't like Monday because I've never liked Monday. The beginning of the week is such a downer. You have the entire week's work ahead of you, and if you had a crappy weekend you don't have anything to be happy about. I don't like Thursday because I have to get up earlier than usual because of kanji class at 8:40. Kanji class is kind of boring, too. I dread quiz days. I seem to be getting worse at remembering my kanji. Maybe I just don't use it enough. That's what I really miss about the Japanese program at Purdue. Everything that was taught was built on all the former lessons, so if you learned some kanji in the previous lesson the chances that you would use it in the following lessons was pretty good. That program was just so organized, and this one seems a jumble of grammar that doesn't have a good base to build on. That's mostly the reason Perkins started his 4 hour study program, and why I'm copying him.
The next time I post I'll be talking about last weekend. It should be pretty interesting because I took the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Maibashi in Gunma prefecture to go see Toshiko Ishikura. She's the mother-in-law of my friend Misuky back home. She was super nice! And she had a bunch of awesome things to show me in Maibashi, so I'll have pictures and video of that. Until then, ja!

2 comments:

タル said...

Do you have a DS and an R4 card/something similar? It takes a while, but there's a homebrew program that lets you make kanji flashcards. I used it for my quizzes, and it is a lot more convenient than lugging around hundreds of paper cards >_< Send me an email if you want me to find the link.

Ta said...

Bring me back a bento box, woman! And seriously? INTERNATIONAL STUDENT CENTER?! How do you not remember the Japanese for that, n00b? :P I'm glad you're feeling better. Maybe you were feeling like shit because it was winter. Or maybe it's because June is RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. :D Don't forget! You, RICHARD, and Suruh are coming to visit me for Cedar Point fun when you get back. <3

Oh.

AND I NEED YOU!!! *hollers!*