Thursday, September 11, 2008

WHOO!

Sorry that it's been so long since my last update. It's really starting to feel like school here. :D I've been pretty busy figuring out my classes and going to orientation for Japanese Language class. Today, I attened my first Japanese Language class and my first Kanji class. The language class was mostly introduction and review testing. It wasn't too hard, but I've forgotten a lot of my Japanese. :(
The Kanji class wasn't too bad. We went through a lot of kanji really quickly, and it's only once a week. I've already got the books for both classes, and it looks like I'm going to be working pretty hard. We have a quiz every day in Japanese class. Kanji class is only once a week, and we have a quiz/test every time. I'll be studying hard.
I went with Daniel to the archery range today to see about getting in archery club, but it was raining so the club members were going somewhere else. So, we stayed and watched the Japanese style archery. It's so amazing to me. But, I was nervous to meet new people. And when I'm nervous like that I tend to make an ass of myself. ><>
My classes:
Overview of Japanese Education
Introduction to Modern Japanese Society
Japanese Word Processing
American Literature
Japanese Language
Kanji

So far, I've enjoyed most all of them. Overview of Japanese Education is kind of hard for me because it's a long class. Toward the end I have trouble paying attention.

Other than that, a group of us will hopefully be going to Tokyo this weekend with a friend. He has to go to a birthday party, so I'm planning on e-mailing Satomi to see if she's busy. She probably is. I'm a little nervous about that, too. For being as outgoing about classes and getting things done as I am, I sure work up a sweat about social events. Tokyo is a big city. I just don't want to get lost or something alone. That would be irritating. But, we've go phones, so I should be fine. I think I worry too much sometimes. Tomorrow I will by trying the anime/manga club here. Maybe the people there will be a bit more inviting. And hopefully I won't feel as nervous.
No pics this time, sorry.

1 comment:

Danjitsu said...

You definitely need to take lots of pictures in Tokyo.

Oh, and apparently, once I start writing in Japanese, I forgot what I was going to say and just keep writing random things.

I wrote on my test that Ueda sensei was a nihongo no dagakukute desu.

.....???

What was I thinking?
I was supposed to write SENSEI.
><

But yeah, your class schedule seems a bit more rigorous. I'm learning Katakana now. :P

I find speaking Japanese is much easier than writing... Go figure.

So I want to know when you're coming back to the US. Because the TAF (Tokyo Anime Fair) is gonna be in March, on the 20th. 130,000 people expected. Biggest anime convention ever.

You must go. FOR MEEEEEEE.........

Hope you're doing ok.
<3