Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kidō Senshi Gundam: Senjō no Kizuna AND Other Stuff


Cute stuff at the TISA Bazaar

I love Japan for many reasons, but today it is because Kiba took us to Mom's Kitchen and The Pink Panther Arcade to play Gundam. Oh. My. God.
At Mom's Kitchen we had steak and eggs (also came with toast, noodles, french fries, and I had iced coffee). It was only about $9 USD. FOR STEAK. AND EGGS. A big plate of them. And it was delicious! I was so full afterward.
Unfortunately, I've been having to ride on the back rack of my bike, so my butt is kind of sore. It's not even my butt, really, it's my back/inner thigh. Every time we went over a bump it dug into my legs. >< The biggest thing I wanted to rave about today was the Gundam arcade game. You can look it up on Wiki if you want all the specs. Just look up what's in the title of this blog. (-AND Other Stuff). Kido Senshi Gundam is an arcade game. It's basically the cockpit of a gundam. And it's totally badass. I got such a rush from playing it. Japan is the only country that this game is available in, and it's country wide, so you're playing other gamers in Japan via internet connection. I cannot even describe the amount of happiness and excitement I had when I hopped into the seat. With Kiba giving me directions, I was able to place top score for both rounds of the game I was playing. It has 2 handle controls, headset communication capability, and two pedals; one for boost and one for jump. Once you get the hang of the controls, it's SO FREAKIN' FUN. This vid is of Kiba playing it.



Fun Stuff!
I don't know why my font looks smaller, but whatever. Ah, yes. Here are some other pictures from the Tsukuba International Student Association party (which me and Perkins went to for about 10 minutes)....actually, it's a picture of the building across from the party, but it's pretty! And a picture of some little kids playing by the fountain at AIAI Mall. They're so freakin' cute. Kiba was saying how the children here are the cutests kids in the world. I'm inclined to agree. You just wanna take them home with you. Really.


These workers were exercising and stretching together. I'd never seen it before, so I had to be a tourist and take a picture.

Corn on pizza. Weird.

Lastly, there are cats all over Tsukuba, but we've been advised not to touch them. :O I loves kitties!




6 comments:

タル said...

Ah! Mama Kitty had her kittens already? I hadn't seen them. I wouldn't be too worried about not petting them if you want to. I used to sit outside and feed/play with them all the time. Just made sure I washed my hands after. One of the older kittens (she's orange and white) is really nice. She has a brother that's kind of anti-social (I think it's the girl that's nice), but if you give them food they'll <3 you.

As far as the workout thing goes... I've never seen it personally, but it's required in a lot of organizations. I think that they generally do it once a day for 15 minutes to make sure workers don't become overweight... Or something.

headwound said...

I'd check out the Silent Hill arcade game while you're over there, it's probably the only chance you'll ever get.

Anonymous said...

Kitties!! Looking forward to another post! Missing you, hope everything is smooth sailing for you, darlin'. Love you.

Danjitsu said...

So I don't check this for 5 minutes and suddenly you've got a billion new posts. XD

All this stuff is really cool and now I really want to go to Japan. ;_;

So here's my mission for you (other than Japanese Rock Band) - BRING ME BACK A GUNDAM POD.

You can put it in your airplane seat and hide in your luggage. It'd totally be worth it.

<3

Anonymous said...

AHHHH, its hello kitty!!! I love that you made sure to snap that pic! Cuz, you're having a big time out there, good for you. You adapted quick, and i didn't even think about all the insane arcades out there. Geez, you could probly spend a whole week getting lost gaming. Hooray for Sissy!!! Ew, and corn on pizza, someone's gonna get slapped for that one. Lol, americans would feed that to the dogs, hahaha. Can't wait to hear about more adventures. Hope your butt heals up, maybe some baby butt burn will help?! Just kiddin, love you!!!!!!!!!!

Jesie said...

Yes, she did! As you can see, she's really skinny. :( But people seem to feed her, so I think she'll be ok. I'll just be sure to wash my hands, then. Because they're pretty much irresistable.
I was thinking maybe they did it to bring down the number of workers hurting themself on the job? Like...to keep them from straining something?

Silent Hill Arcade? OMG. Must see.

Love you, too, Richard. Yes, KITTIES!

Yeah, I'm kinda sporadic that way. Um...yeah...I'll see what I can do about bringin you that game...>>

Cousin! Yeah, I had to get pictures of Hello Kitty, even though she's EVERYWHERE here. The corn pizza wasn't too bad...just kinda weird. :O Love you, cuz!