Monday, September 1, 2008

Arigatou gozaimasu!


To everyone who is leaving comments on my blog,

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Hontoni arigatou gozaimasu!
And please be sure to check my old posts for my return comments for you. :D

I don't have any videos for you today, but I took a picture of a mantid the other day, so here it is. He's chillin' on the vending machines. As you can see, the sodas here about 110 yen (about a dollar and ten cents). My conversion is a little off because the dollar is worth so much less now. >_<
What I do today? I go to bank! Yesterday...I didn't really do anything. I studied for a few hours and tried to organize what classes I wanted to take. They seem really disorganized here. For example, I chose the classes I would like to visit, but the room numbers aren't listed in the class handbook. The handbook says they are listed in a different book that is only available in Japanese (EPIC FAIL). And I don't get that handbook until tomorrow at my college orientation. So, any classes that I wanted to visit today and possibly tomorrow are out the window. I'll e-mail my professors to let them know.
Everyone here is SO NICE. That's one thing I don't miss about the States. All the people who have public relations jobs here are super nice and will go the extra mile to assist you. You ask if they speak English and they say no, then they'll go find someone who does. They helped us fill out all our forms at the bank. Speaking of bank...I can get money now! YAY! Perhaps by Wednesday I will be able to buy things and pay Yurie back.
Perkins and I went to the International Student Center today and registered for Japanese classes there. We had to take a preliminary exam on the computer that was about 10 minutes long. I reached level 2...which is one level lower than I wanted to get. ><>
I can't wait to just get all this administrative stuff out of the way. I'm so ready to start classes and just study and hang out with friends. I feel like I've been here for weeks, so I think that I may be getting kind of used to things. I've had to talk to a lot of people with my broken Japanese. ^^; I feel dumb sometimes when I use it, but it gets better every day. I have to ask lots of things for poor Perkins. He's been through 202, but he took a year off so he's a bit more rusty than I am.
I promise to work hard for myself. I'll be studying more tonight. Yay!

3 comments:

タル said...

Don't worry too much about what class you tested into. If you do decently in there, you can move onto 300 and then 400 the following semesters. I think you need a B to go on in your level, but if you don't make that and still want to try for 300 or 400 when the time comes, I think you'll be allowed to take another placement test.
Oh. And the disorganization will only get worse, so good luck!

Robert Martinez said...

doesn't sound that bad..... At least u gots moneys?

Jesie said...

OMG THANKS. >< Btw, Beth, Suzuki-sensei mentioned you and how awesome you are. :D Well, he said you did a very nice presentation about Purdue. I think I remember you preparing for that, actually.