Friday, November 28, 2008

サンクッスギビング!!!

THANKSGIVING!

Hey, everyone. I hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving! For Thanksgiving in Japan my friends and I all got together and made a special dinner of Okonomiyaki, mashed potatoes, and pudding cake. It wasn't turkey, but it was most delicious. Perkins was the one who came with the okonomiyaki idea. Okonomiyaki is a pancake-like food. It starts off as batter and egg, then you mix in cabbage, bacon, and whatever else you like. You cook it in a frying pan or on a griddle, then you put delicious okonomiyaki sauce, fish flakes (I can't remember what they're actually called), mayonnaise, and some seaweed flakes (I think) on top. After that, it's ready to eat. YUMMY!


Kira and I wanted to make mashed potatoes. Our friend from Germany, Caroline, helped us with them. Those turned out pretty good, too. :)

Daniel made some pudding cake, but since Japanese pudding and Japanese cake are not as sweet American pudding and cake it wasn't as good as he wanted it to be. I liked it, though.

This is the video of Perkins flipping his okonomiyaki. I missed his actual EPIC FLIP because I didn't have my camera on me at the time. :( He flipped it without the spatula at all. And Brando's flip is here, too. :D Er...it will be. I'm having trouble posting my videos...so...more later.

1 comment:

Robert Martinez said...

^.^ WOOOT SOunds like fun! <3? All you friends are just as creepy as Sarah :D