Monday, October 6, 2008

A Little Something

So, I wanted to post something about Tsukuba that I have good feelings about. I would first like to mention that some of my, uh, fellow travelers here don't like this aspect of Tsukuba, but I LOVE IT. I think it's awesome that I could come to Japan in the first place, and this was not what I was expecting to find when I got here.
What's the first thing you think of when you think of Japan? Is it Tokyo? Is it technology? Maybe it's something more cultural, but the first thing I always thought of when I thought of Japan was technology. Videogames, organic televisions, robots...etc. Well, Tsukuba doesn't have all that. They have internet (which is not wireless and took me several days to acquire), and they have the TX. The TX is the Tsukuba Express, the 45 minute train service to Tokyo. So, you can get to all that if you want it, but Tsukuba is very woodsy. I really enjoy the natural beauty of Tsukuba, even though that means enjoying lots of bugs. :D
Here is a video I took when Perkins and I were biking back from getting our Alien Registration Cards. (Yes, I'm an alien, now) The video can be pretty loud so you might want to turn your volume down. And I'm sorry about the poor quality, I was riding my bike at the same time. I promise I'll get better at it.

2 comments:

タル said...

You should definitely do Mount Tsukuba at least once, if you haven't already... I'm half asleep and forget if you went >_< It's a pretty nice climb, and while the top is pretty lacking in prettiness, the view is nice.

Anonymous said...

wow... Are you sure that's Japan??? That reminds me more of Indiana... with a bike trail. I'm so glad you're having fun, I miss you!
Keep posting! Love you,
~Richard