Thursday, October 2, 2008

Keeping Up With You

GREETINGS!

I just really needed to update this and let you know that this thing can be difficult to keep up with. As usual, my apologies. :D

I suppose I'll just start with today and then look backward in my next post. This week has been rather exhausting. I've had two tests so far, and I have another test tomorrow. My room...definitely needs cleaning. MESSY! At least I managed to get my laundry done today. I've already mentioned how fantastic doing laundry is, right? (sarcasm, YAY!)

The plans for this weekend are as follows (expect pictures):

Go to Tsukuba Center with Kira for clothes

Picaso Exhibition in Tokyo on Sunday--SO EXCITING!


That's what I'm most excited about right now. As far as school is going, many of us agree (many of us being my American classmates) that Kanji class is the most difficult class that we have. Indeed! I am inclined to agree. Memorizing Kanji is hard and can be VERY frustrating because sometimes Kanji combinations and pronunciations aren't what you would think they should be. Do I use the ONYOMI or the KUNYOMI for this one!? WHAT!? NEITHER!? How the heck am I supposed to know how to pronounce that. Really.


Something interesting that I noticed today about the improvement of my Japanese language (lack of) skillz. I went to the Ichinoya Convenience Store and got a bento box for lunch. I could understand what the clerk asked me when she asked me if I wanted my bento warmed up or not. May not sound like much of a revelation, but before I just heard, "SOMETHINGSOMETHINGSOMETHINGSOMETHINGKA?" I knew what she was asking then, but I didn't hear it. THIS TIME, I could pick out words! YAY!


Sorry for the short post, but, as I said before, I'm exhausted. Much more catching up to do later. MOMENT OF BUGZEN!?

2 comments:

タル said...

If you want cheap clothes, UNIQLO in Lala Garden is the cheapest. It's further out than the Center is, but UNIQLO=<3
They have some campaign going on right now where every week or two, they release new t-shirts... Anime, company logos, random artwork... Some of what they have is pretty neat. I think they might have a ghetto map somewhere on http://tsukuba.wikia.com/wiki/Tsukuba

Anywho, have fun!

Jesie said...

Thank you! I'mma go check that out, then.