Friday, August 29, 2008

Day 2

My feet hurt so bad. I haven't been so tired in so long. I can feel my feet throbbing as I write this. I should've brought more money because they usually only take cash in Japan. Jusco takes credit, but I guess they don't take MasterCard.
It's nearly 10pm and I haven't spoken with anyone from home in over 2 days. Hopefully I'll be able to get to the internet tomorrow.
I'm here in Ichinoya dorm building 34. It turns out that Jonathan Perkins, another Purdue student, is in 35. His tutor has been helping us out tremendously. The tutor's name is Naoya Nogami. We just call him Gami. My tutor is Baba Yurie. She's so cute. :) She hasn't been with us but for a few hours today, though. And tomorrow we have Orientation from 9:50-6:00pm. It's gonna be a long day.
I have to remember to write about my room later. Yurie said it was "Hiroi." I think that means spacious--or old. I can't remember which. Old--very; spacious--not so much.
The weather here is "Island Weather." Everything is different. Well, almost.
I'm too tired to write much more, but I want you to know that Japan is the shit.

2 comments:

Robert Martinez said...

Hmmm sounds interesting! I just wish I could be thar with ya! Hope you have fun and will post much on your blog ;3. BTW how do you get to U.S. Sites there do you just type the regular old web address or do you have to do something special?

Jesie said...

To get to US Websites I just type the website name. But it automatically directs to you to the Japanese sites sometimes (google), so you have to switch it to English.